The past week was my first week at the new job. I learned a few things:
- I learned how good pair programming can be. (But I worry I hogged the keyboard)
- I learned a bunch of IntelliJ features/keystrokes.
- I learned the beginnings of Java vs. Groovy.
- I learned the power and the pain of “magic”.
- I learned that working hard and going home at 5 without feeling guilty is great (and also actually taking lunch too).
- I learned that having lunch with the team is really nice.
- I learned that there is such a thing as a good retro meeting
- I learned that pairing is a great way to be productive on the first day on the job.
- I learned that knowing the programming language isn’t really that important at the start of the job.