Just a note (perhaps for my future self).
I had considerable problems after upgrading Octopress and then trying to deploy my blog to Heroku.
The problems stemmed from the update to the Gemfile. There were two problems:
Firstly: everything except for
sinatra was put into the
:development group. Heroku runs
bundle --without=development so
all those gems will be missing.
Secondly: due to an earlier problem with the
pygment and python
environments I need to keep the following in my Gemfile
gem 'pygments.rb', '= 0.2.3' gem 'rubypython', '= 0.5.1'
After I fixed those two problems deploying to Heroku worked fine.
One bright side is that I now know how to use
releases:rollback to shift back to a previous version. This let me
keep my blog up and running while I tried to figure out the problem.
(Not that anyone actually reads it…)